Thursday, January 12, 2006

Train update

Just thought I'd write a quick post to keep people in the loop. My friend Jeff has said that he will be here in the Nati next Tuesday for work, actually only 5-10 minutes from where I work. So it looks like the trade for the computer monitor will go down then, that is, if he verifies that said monitor actually works. There's nothing I want less than a defective monitor. Well, probably a few things but anyways.

With Jeff coming down here, that means I won't have to actually drive anywhere to get this monitor. We had made plans to have some lunch in Washington CH, which is located about midways between here and there. So in some ways, it's a bummer that I won't be going to Washington CH, because hey, bonus trip to Washington CH. As a side note, as you are reading this post, please be pronouncing the name of that city not as Washington C. H. nor as Washington Court House, but as Washington "Ch" like choo choo train (which I coincidentally have on my desk!). I don't care who tells you otherwise, it's Washington "Ch". Of course, in other ways, it's not a bummer that I won't drive to Washington CH, IYKWIM.

Someone at work was commenting on my train set and said "You can't trade this - it's so awesome". I suggested that she then make an offer for it, but she said she had nothing to offer. I suggested that maybe she had a car or perhaps an HDTV, but she didn't seem to be willing to trade those things, though I'm not sure.

I will keep you updated, as always. I've had some talks with Kyle from one red paperclip, and I may even more of an Internet rock star than I already am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

and how do you feel about pity trades?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I googled "Washington Court House" and ran across this blog.

It is soooooooooooooooo not Washington "CH" as in choo choo train.

haha

Sunday, February 26, 2006 5:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home