Saturday, December 31, 2005

Choo choo!

After much intense looking for that perfect trade, I have given my Pez dispensers over for a train set. I think that this is a perfect trade for me on my way to a TV.

There have been accusations that this was a "pity trade" which I have been on record as being against. Now, before I tell you who did this trade with me, let me point out a few things in my defense:
  1. This person had just gotten a new train set and was going to give this one to the Salvation Army. So they had no need for this train set and was trying to get rid of it (the perfect situation for me)
  2. When asked what she was going to do with the Pez dispensers, she replied "Eat Pez with them". Who could go wrong with that!
  3. Even if it was a pity trade, that won't bother me too much when I'm watching my giant TV.
So, the person I traded with was my mom :-). When we went up there for Christmas, she had this train set and offered it up for the Pez dispensers. As I just mentioned, it seemed like a great fit.

I took it into work, where I set it up running around my cubicle. There wasn't enough room to safely make a complete circular track (the turning radius of the curvy pieces wasn't big enough). But there are 2 stop pieces that prevent the train from falling off my desk. Here's a picture.



It runs around the whole semicircle - I just didn't take a picture of the other side. There are 3 cars (an engine and 2 other cars) along with lots of extra pieces and town sets (like the orange depot that you can see in the picture). Instructions are included as well. This is perfect for any train-loving child or adult.

Let me know if you have anything that you don't want or need and want a train set!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

since i'm not dan, i encourage pitty trades. :-) just one step closer to our TV!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger annahannah said...

as the "tradee", i certify that his account is true. the train was in a box ready for the next run to the salvation army, and thus had no value unto me, therefore, the pez dispensers were, for me, an upward move.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home