Thursday, October 02, 2008

One Bread Machine

They said it couldn't be done. I was mocked several times. In fact, there were times that I had given up myself. I mean, I traded for the computer monitor on June 30, 2006!!!!

That was over 2 years ago!

Since then, I've had a few inquiries, but nothing serious. I've put my ad up on Craigslist a few times, and had little to no response, and the response I've usually gotten was negative. As in, "Nobody wants your stupid monitor" (near direct quote from one email). And, as you can imagine, the longer this has gone on, the even less that people want a big (non-flat-screen) monitor.

But a few weeks / months ago, I got an email from Robert, in West Union, OH. He wanted the monitor and had a bread machine. I thought about it for like 2 seconds and said "YES!" I mean even if I wasn't sure about the bread machine, I was certainly sure that the monitor wasn't going anywhere.

It took us quite awhile to arrange logistics for the trade, but finally last night we met up at UDF in Newtown and swapped.


You can even see the corner of his Ron Paul sticker in the car, which gave me the chance to use a joke I heard on the radio yesterday ("Which do you think will recover first - the economy or the Bengals?")

And here's some pics of the bread machine itself.


Don't you want some hot, tasty, homemade bread? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home